The National Weather Service has issued a severe storm warning for Thursday, February, 6, for the following areas.
- Lee-Tampa Bay waters-Charlotte Harbor and Pine Island Sound
- Coastal waters from Tarpon Springs to Suwannee River FL out 20 NM
- Coastal waters from Englewood to Tarpon Springs FL out 20 NM
- Coastal waters from Bonita Beach to Englewood FL out 20 NM
- Waters from Tarpon Springs to Suwannee River FL out 20 to 60 NM
- Waters from Englewood to Tarpon Springs FL out 20 to 60 NM
- Waters from Bonita Beach to Englewood FL out 20 to 60 NM
This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for West Central And Southwest Florida.
On Thursday night into Friday morning, a line of thunderstorms
is expected to move through the area. Some of these storms may be
strong to severe and produce damaging winds and perhaps a few
tornadoes. However, all thunderstorms will be capable of producing
strong gusty winds…locally heavy rains… and frequent deadly
…HIGH WIND IMPACT…
On Thursday, strong and gusty winds will be possible over land and
water. Wind gusts in excess of 30 mph may impact sensitive outdoor
events and boaters on rivers and lakes.
…COASTAL FLOOD IMPACT…
Thursday night into early Friday morning conditions will be
favorable for coastal flooding, especially during times of high
tide. Coastal residents should be alert for later statements or
warnings…and take action to protect life and property.
…RIP CURRENT IMPACT…
Thursday through Saturday, strong onshore winds and high surf will
produce rip currents along area beaches.
On Thursday and Friday, wind speeds of 20 to 33 knots in addition
to high seas will create hazardous boating conditions for small